COVID 19 Response
Additional Health and Safety Procedures Implemented for 2020 Season
Now that we are back on the fields, we wanted to share information with our coaches, players, families and guests information regarding our summer tournaments and ongoing operations.
In accordance with guidance from the CDC, state and local government, and health officials, Elizabethtown Sports Park has implemented enhanced health and safety procedures as part of a proactive, preventative approach. We are taking these measures to provide a safe, fun, and healthy environment for the players and families who will participate in activities at the sports park this year.
In the midst of Elizabethtown Sports Park’ schedule, we currently anticipate the full schedule will go forward without interruptions. We will continue to take appropriate precautions to keep our venue and operations as safe as possible. We will follow updates and protocol suggestions to best ensure the safety of our guests and community.
We will provide regular updates on tournaments throughout the year and whenever warranted. We appreciate your commitment to Elizabethtown Sports Park as we work together to provide an amazing tournament experience for players and families while maintaining a healthy and safe environment for sport play and fun!
If you have any concerns or questions regarding the impact of COVID-19 on our tournaments, please contact our team at email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you on the field!
Guests and Parents FAQ
We are all in this together – and together we are stronger!
- Our venue is proud to be a partner to our community as we all come back stronger than ever. We know there are many in our area hurting and experiencing hardships. We are committed to providing a safe, clean, positive environment to help you and your family come and enjoy the activities you love the most.
What restrictions will be in place?
- Outdoor playing fields and surfaces will be open for limited use with distancing requirements that include:
- Bleachers, playgrounds and dugouts will be closed.
- Water Fountains will be closed.
- Guests are encouraged to bring in their own chairs, tents and blankets.
- Social distancing of families watching games must be 6 feet apart, cones or other markers will be used to help communicate spacing.
- No team coolers. (Players can bring individual water bottles.)
- No shared equipment.
- We will be monitoring social distancing and guests not complying will be reminded to practice distancing. In the event guests will not comply with social distancing practices, they may be asked to leave the premises.
- Any vendors offering services will be required to be separated by appropriate distance and must demonstrate cleaning and disinfection practices.
What is happening to enhance the safety and cleanliness of the venue?
- Our team members are temperature tested before starting work each shift.
- Team members are screened prior to each shift to ensure they do not currently have virus symptoms and have not been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- We require all employees to report any illness to a supervisor.
- We require notification of any COVID-19 positive cases in a team members household.
- We will provide personal protective equipment including masks to all team members, and training on how to use it, based on CDC guidelines.
- Our team members are provided sanitizing stations, such as a wash basin with soap and/or bottle of hand sanitizer.
- We prohibit congregating of 10 or more team members in break rooms or common areas and limit capacity of such areas to allow for safe social distancing.
Food Service Areas
- We have incorporated CDC recommendations, OSHA and local Health Department standards, and industry best practices into operating guidelines for our staff to follow.
- We have extensive cleaning standards in place for our food preparation and public seating areas.
- Sanitize chairs, especially where contact occurs.
- Sanitation of picnic tables.
- Kitchens are cleaned with sanitizing solutions daily.
- When preparing food, team members are required to wash their hands more frequently, not less than once every 30 minutes.
- We are following government guidelines for food area social distancing and seating capacity.
Additional Cleaning/Safety Standards
- Restrooms are cleaned with sanitizing solutions several times a day.
- Restrooms will be accessible with a reduced capacity.
- Restrooms have touch-less toilets and sinks.
- We have placed signage throughout the venue encouraging distancing, hand washing, and other safe practices
- We will be continuously monitoring and improving our operations for the safety of our athletes, spectators, and team members
- We are committed to communicating with coaches, event owners, participants, vendors, and other visitors to the facility our guidelines and requesting everyone work together to keep us all safer
- We are providing hand sanitizer throughout the facility.
What process can Athletes, Participants, Spectators, and other Guests to the venue expect for entry?
- Signage will be posted at the entrance asking/informing guests the following:
- Have you had exposure to COVID 19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced cough, shortness of breath, fever, loss of taste or smell?
- Social Distance
- Your health is your responsibility
- We reserve the right to institute further COVID-19 screening to ensure guests are not endangering others.
- Any Guest who has had symptoms or exposure will not be allowed in the venue.
- If a symptomatic/exposed guest is a driver for another guest, they will be asked to wait in their closed vehicle until their passenger’s activities are completed.
- Half hour arrival time before game
- Must leave facility promptly after game completion
What’s your plan if someone attending has tested positive for COVID-19?
- We are communicating to event owners, partner organizations, renters, and those who register online, that anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19 is not allowed to enter the venue until they have been released by their doctor and diagnosed as “recovered.”
- Anyone who is presenting symptoms of illness, or answers screening questions upon entry in a way that gives us concern, will not be admitted to the venue, as a way of protecting every other guest at the venue, and preventing exposures and spread.
Signage and Notices
Visitors will see signs and notices like these posted throughout the campus.